Monday, April 4, 2011

When your love becomes your nightmare



A friend of mine posting this video on his Facebook today and it just got me at the right moment. I was talking about running the other day and how it changed my life forever. I also was starting my journey to write again.

Writing and running, the two things that becomes my love for life. When I saw this video, something just came into my mind and heart.

See, I love to run but I am not an Olympic athlete. These are the people who trained their whole life just to win this one reward in their mind: GOLD! 

These are the people who love their sport since they were just a kid. These are the people who did the best in their country and get the honor to represent it in this world event.

When something you love becomes your worse nightmare, then what to do? Give up? Run away from it? bitter? hating it? hate yourself because you let yourself down? hate someone else who caused you that nightmare? or stand up and fisnih what you started, just like Derek Redmond did in Barcelona Olympic in 1992?

I would say stand up and finish it dude!! But, its easier to talk than to do it, right? Well, I have a lot of things when life just failed me, knocked me down and put me in a box with no option but to stand up, keep on walking and finish what I started. I finished some of them but I still have a lot to go or should I say run? LOL

Apostle Paul said it nicely in this verse in 2 Timothy 4:7 (ESV) "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

What Paul had been through is something that is very hard for most of us. Sharing the gospel, persecuted because of that and the old life he had to let go because of that gospel. He had everything any human wanted, and he chose the CROSS, carried it and finished his race with great rewards waiting for him in heaven.

When life knocked you down, get up and show life who's the boss! 

Things will come in your way and ruin your dreams, cry for a day and then start the next day with new dreams or the old dreams and chose different way to accomplished them. Just like the old saying "Expecting a different result doing the same things is insanity". 

Something or someone will turned against you. No matter how hard you have tried, trained and do it, but sometimes things don't go the way you have wanted it. But, a fighter knows his reward. Things goes wrong, they will keep on fighting to the end. Sometimes, a great people around you will help you out, embrace their love and hey..help other who needs a good lift.

xoxo
Lindsay

via google search

No comments:

Post a Comment