Saturday, December 6, 2008

I am yours




I was praying the other night and I said “well Lord, I am yours so let your will be done.” It sounds like an easy cry of help, like a total surrender, but then I think again of the words “I AM YOURS” and its not just a song or a cry for help or a total surrender.

I AM YOURS also means the bond of ownership that God has for us.

When we received Jesus as our own Lord and Savior, salvation is ours and from that moment, we belong to him. He OWNS us! Understand that when someone owns us, it means we are theirs forever and they can do things for us and those things will not always be easy, there will be discipline, task requirements, jobs, dateline, reward, field days, picnic days, sick days, etc.

I have a dog, that makes me a dog owner. In here (US) when you own a dog, it is just like having a baby and its hard. But I am the owner, on the day I purchased Luke, he become MINE, there is an ownership relation to it. He is no longer on his own, I am his owner. I must make sure he has enough foods, water, exercise, immunization, friends, toys, shelter, etc. He is under my responsibility and at the same time, Luke must obey me. There will be other dogs that i will not let him play with because they are vicious or crazy dogs lol. There will be times when I have to put him in his cage because I am working to provide for him or because he did something bad and I want him to learn his lesson, etc.

It might seem silly that I make that as an example of ownership. But see, with God is the same thing. He owns my life. He purchased me with His blood. He is my owner and He has every right to do whatever He thinks is good for and to me.

The problem is so many times, we forget that He owns us and we still treat God as if He is our security, our maid and our bank. When we can come anytime ,ask for help, but when He is trying to help us His ways, we reject it! (well some of it LOL).


 We just want our rights but do not want to do our obligation.

Obedient is one word to describe our relationship with God. I will say that obedient is Christianity in one word. How can we show God that we love Him? By obeying His words. How can we serve God? obey, how can we make the right decision? obey. Obedient is also works for ownership, when we own someone or something, we want that someone to obey us, because its an ownership relationship, there has to be a team work and obedient is a part of it.

I do realize how big it is to be His own. Its an honor and a blessing beyond words for me and my family. I try to count my blessing and I lost track, because there are so many things in my life that God has blessed and there are still more to come. I do my part to trust Him and obey Him and He always do his part. He is the best owner EVER!

xoxo,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment