Saturday, December 6, 2008

My "Sex & The City" Moment

Photobucket

In one of the “SATC” episode, there was Carrie in the most beautiful city in the world, PARIS, and she was standing in front of a cafe looking at some women giggling and having a fabulous time with their friends and at that moment she knows that she miss her BEST friends badly, then she called them.



It was a great moment for me as well because I felt her emotion in that movie. I mean Carrie was there because she wants to be with her boyfriend at that time, Aleksandr Petrovsky. She was in love with Aleksandr, he loves her, but the problem occured when she was in Paris and realized that Paris is not what she imagined it would be. She can’t speak French, she missed her friends and her NYC, she missed her old life.



I miss my old life. 
I miss my FAMILY, my MANADO, my FRIENDS
I miss my fun “life without burden”.
Don’t get me wrong, unlike Carrie Bradshaw, 
I am real and still in love with my husband. 



I love my life now, I love this country. I love my husband and everything we have in this great time of life. But having all that doesn’t mean I don’t miss my hometown, my family and friends. Nothing will ever change the love I have for those things. There is no place like HOME because it is the core of your heart.

Many people think that being in America or outside your home country is a fun adventure. It is not totally wrong. But what they do not know is the struggle to live in other country is not that easy and fun and happy all the time as you thought it would be, just like what Carrie felt when she arrived in Paris. Her dream city, she loves fashion, she loves the man, the idea of Paris is cute and all until you actually living it.

I am sure that for those who lives here and has a mixed marriage situation, you know what I am talking about. Its not that we don’t love our spouse or the life we have here, it's just that our hearts will always love and miss those who are in our hearts from the beginning.

I have been dreaming to come to America and marry an American ever since I was a kid. It is amazing how God works in your life, how He put desire and dreams for you and made it came true. But there is always a price for everything.

I love my life but I am so homesick and Manado is so far away hahahaha..America has a lot of things but Manado has everything I love.

I just need to let this feeling out, to write it out loud. 
I need to tell the world that there is no place like home! 

No family and friends like mine and yes there is no husband like mine that I would love and honor for the rest of my life. This is my life and the price I chose to live. It is a sweet life and I am grateful for it. Only God knows what and how I feel about it and maybe some of you :)


Well..its 1:05 AM, I should be sleeping by now huh? Well, homesick makes people stay awake and day dreaming :)
love Pictures, Images and Photos
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment