Saturday, December 6, 2008

A lesson at the Gym



I always love sport or the idea of working out LOL and I used to be very active, I got involved in Karate since I was a kid, my uncles were softball players, table tennis and my other grandpa was a great Karate teacher (simpai), my uncles are national athletes,and my other grandpa was the head of KONI in my hometown,so our houses are full with athletes ALL the time, trained for PON, Asian games, Sea Games,etc. Sport is not a new thing for me,because I have known a world class athlete and being trained with them as well, it is a blessing even though it was tiring and too much training, but my body’s structure had been introduced to sport.

As I grow up with the hectic of school,jobs and stress, I really don’t have time to workout and yes my reason is actually too tired and lazy, but I am still a member of “Bally Total Fitness,” and even had a personal trainer, but yeah..still too tired.

Lately, I have been working out again, I am back on my everyday routine or at least 5 days a week, and I even make my workout plan and journal. Ryan made me get back on track and I thank God for him. He always in great shape, six packs, tall, and buff ,its just how God made him. But me, I am not fat,but not thin as well, hahahaha…I have curves and it is sexy :) ,I love my body but I just want it to stay healthy, fit and looks athletic, I want muscles and being buff. That’s my goal ,and Ryan taught me some tips on weight lifting, meal and so on, so far so good!

I am lucky because our apartment has a really big fitness center, the last apartment have a fitness center as well but not as big and equipped as this one. Ryan still think it is not enough for him,too small for him, but he has his own routine and goals, for me, this fitness center is enough y’all.

There is this one lady, she is Chinese ,around 55 and up years old, thin and every time I am at the gym, she was there as well. The only thing that I don’t like about her is that she is annoying, she always ask questions when I am lifting the weight, and she made loud noises, she opens the door, she does stuff that makes me don’t really like to be at the gym.

Yesterday, I met her at the gym again, and in my heart I already had this feeling like “ohhh greaaaaattt, she is here.” Like always, she did all the stuff and asked me questions and like always I answered it politely and explained it nicely to her, she asked permission to open the door a little bit and I said yes, she put the weight that I am about to use so I had to change it with another weight and when she is about to leave the gym, she said she couldn’t lift the weight I put on the door, so I had to do it. I was kinda upset because I am in the middle of my session and I couldn’t stop, it will ruin the whole exercise and its not good for the muscles.

So, I went to the door and lifted the weight that she couldn’t lift and she asked me, “Are you a nurse?,” and in my heart I was like “oowww great..why because I am Asian and it makes me a nurse to you?” (noted : in CA, there r a lot of Asian girls who become nurses,so I think she was stereotyped me) LOL and she answered it with a statement that slapped me in the face, she said “I thought you are a nurse, because you have a really kind heart ,you love to help other people” then she left with a smile, and she left me with a teary eyes :(

It was a slapped on my face because I thought of her as the “annoying Asian lady” and she thought of me as “Mother Teresa” and it breaks my heart. God remind me right there on my gym in the middle of my back exercise that little things that we do for other people can make a difference for their lives. I do learn a lesson here, life is not just about me, there are thing bigger than my own problems and situation. I was at that gym for my own goals, but God showed me that my life is not just gonna be about me from the moment I made a commitment to serve HIM, there will be people around me who needs me, things around me who needs me, and yes it will be tiring, annoying, stressful and all but this is not about me, this is about God :)

Just remember that God is watching you, and every time you are about to do, think or say something that is negative, remember this story. I know that some of you think that this is not a big deal, but this is a big deal. Because we often forget little things, we want to see the big ministry, we want to pray for dead people and they walk, we want to pray for a nation to repent, but everyday thing, little simplest stuff in life that is also a MINISTRY. We don’t count it, we forget about it. All we want is just for me and my family, other people is not in this “blessing” and we missed our chance to serve others in need.




I thank God that He gave me the heart to help other people in needs, I thank God that he provide for my family, I thank God that he opens uo my eyes to see life the way he wants me to see it, all we think about is money, how to make more money, and how to spend it for ME or US, vanity ..vanity.. the lust inside of us.

Its just a reminder for me and I thank God that he remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment