Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Mask


What is it with people these days? We are all stuck in the middle of our own standard of happiness. We are all let other people defined the meaning of life and whatever package that comes with it.

I love Starbucks because it tastes good or because all your friends hang out in there? I love LV because it is your style or is it because that’s what your girlfriends thought is “cute”.

I wear a thong because I like it or is it because that’s what Victoria Secret’s models are wearing? I spent thousands of dollars for a handbag because I love spending the money I work hard for or is it because that’s how you should keep up with the so called “trend.”

I love to get drunk because I like it or is it your way out of life? I wanna have sex before I am 18 years old because that’s what my friends called “cool” and “mature”.

I wanna get married and if I don’t like it then I just divorce him, that’s what my parents did. I love this and I love that because I love it or because they said, whoever “they” are.

Who are the “they” factor in your life? Who is the most influential person in your life? is it your parents, friends, celebrity? What is the most influential thing in your life? TV, internet, iPod, magazines, books?

What is the most “I cant live without” things in your life? Those are the “they” factors in your life.

Aren’t we all a great actor and actress? We play the “I am good, I am fine” line when someone asked us “How are you doing?”.

We play the “I am OK” line when someone asked us “What’s that black mark around your eyes?”

We play the happy wife and husband role when we are in front of our kids, friends, or even church.

We play the good citizen role when we chanting the name of our President or when we sing the national anthem. We play the good worker’s role when we are in front of our boss. We play the good role as a sexy stripper when we tried to make our husbands happy even though we might not like it. We play the good role of kids when we are in front of our parents, etc.

We are all actors. 

Sometimes we do it because that is how it suppose to be at that moment. Sometimes we do it because that’s what we know how to do it. Sometimes we do it because that is how we feel about it. Sometimes we do it because it makes us feel good. Sometimes we do it because it makes us “somebody”. Sometimes we do it because we love it. Sometimes we do it because we are trying to be honest with the world, this is how we really are (and so many times, the world hates the truth). But we do it anyway!

We are all wearing a mask, some even wear more than one mask. Why do we even put a mask? because reality is harder than what we thought it would be. Why do we need a mask? because mask makes us feel safe, better and become someone we are not (but we want to be that someone). Why do we like to put on a mask? because a mask hide our real beasts, we don’t like when other people see our beast, we just want them to see the “beauty” of us.

Why don’t we take the mask off? because it is easier to act, to hide, to pretend than to be real, honest and true to other people even to ourselves. Because we are trained to wear the mask and by the time we put the mask on, we know what to do, it has the magic power to move our hands, eyes, mouth, feet. We become an actor in our own movie of LIFE.

Is it true when they said that God is the director of life and we are all the actors playing our roles or is it us who is the director and the actor at the same time? We want God in our life, but we want him as the camera man, or as the producer, but hey..we want the director, screen writer, actors to be us.

Men think that we are the master of our own life, we can just hide in our mask and play the role.

But, men never expected the role becomes so hard to keep you with and the mask starting to become irritated, weary, old and melting. The true color of our faces are staring to comes out, whether we like it or not, the mask will disappear. The acting job will retired sooner or later. It is just the matter of time. How and when, it is not my job to tell you.

Stop wearing a mask and start living your life. Stay true to yourself and to other people. We cannot live without knowing that there is someone greater than us, someone stronger than us, someone who will receive us just the way we are, someone who knows and sees beyond the mask. That someone is God and He doesn’t want us to waste our time pretending we are living the life. He doesn’t want us to let other people determined what is cool and what is not. He doesn’t want us to let the world shape our faith or views. He doesn’t want us to play role like a robot. He wants us to seek Him, understand Him and ask Him about everything and anything.
After all, we all gonna die anyway. I don’t know about you, but I do not wanna take off my mask when I die. It will be sucks. I want to take it off now, give that mask to God and start living myself being the one that God wants me to be, not what the world wants me to be, or even what I want me to be.

I am limited and so are you, but God is unlimited!

xoxo,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment